Saturday, August 1, 2009

Unbound Captives

I just finished reading the script Unbound Captives and really enjoyed it.
Although I'm not really a fan of westerns/Indians stories, this one held my interest all the way through.
Admittedly, because I know Rob will be in the movie….
It's not a unique story by any means. It's been done before. Reminds me a little of The Searchers.
What I really loved is Rachel Weisz's character, May.
May is a strong woman who loves and fights for her children. I loved the layers added to her and felt very drawn to her.
I can not wait to see what Rob does with this role. It's a supporting role, and he doesn't come into the story (as Rob) until 1/2 way through, but this is completely different than anything he's done before, and once again, I think he's made such a wise choice for a role.
I for one, can not wait to see him create Phineas…and let me honest, can't wait to see him in a breechcloth, bare-chested, tan, pierced and howling Comanche!
I'm sure Madeline Stowe has done plenty of rewrites on the script, and I hope we see a little bit more of 17 yr old Phineas, aka Rob.
I think this movie is going to be amazing and can not wait to see Rob tackle this role.

No comments: